Community Meeting to Organize Opposition against:
28,000 sq ft. Office Building proposed for Ocean front Walk & Sunset Ave
This coming Wed., May 27 7:00pm @ 20 Sunset Ave. Venice, CA 90291
Venice Local Coastal Specific Plan Prohibits New Office Buildings on OFW but Developer Seeks to be Excused from Local Zoning Laws
Speedway Alley can’t handle the traffic:
- More cars competing in the alleys with residents, beachgoers, pedestrians
- More cars competing in the alleys with residents, beachgoers, pedestrians.
Office construction would set precedent for all the Ocean Front Walk:
- Other property owners would redevelop for offices.
- Residents displaced; beach vibe transformed; neighborhood undermined.
- Cumulative impact on Speedway Alley and Walk Street Neighborhood.
Not enough parking:
- Ocean Front Walk parking lot to be lost.
- New building to add 404 employees, but provide only 91 parking spaces!!!
Too big, too busy, too disruptive:
- Too high, too wide, and crammed with too much floor space.
- Zero setback to apartments to south, blocking all windows.
- 24/7 disruptive business hours.